Executive Head Teacher18 September 2018
ADVERT for EXECUTIVE HEAD TEACHER
Role: EBN Trust Executive Head Teacher
Responsible for: EBN Academy
EBN Academy 2
Responsible to: EBN Trust Board
Salary: Leadership 30-34 – £80,310 – 88,571
The Directors are seeking to appoint a passionate and inspirational leader for our Multi Academy Trust to commence 1st January 2019. EBN Academy Trust provides a wonderful opportunity for someone with drive and ambition to lead a unique organisation, working alongside forward-thinking, lively and optimistic staff sharing a strong vision.
The EBN Academy opened in September 2015 and is an Alternative Provision Free School that been established by the 12 secondary schools in the East Birmingham Network . The academy caters for students’ aged 13-16 for whom mainstream education is no longer an appropriate and a different type of educational experience is necessary to change the outcome for these students.
The EBN Academy had its first Ofsted inspection in May 2014 and was judged as a good school with many areas highlighted as Outstanding. EBN2 is awaiting Ofsted.
The EBN Trust is looking to recruit an Executive Head Teacher who is
- Has recent and substantial experience at Headteacher or Deputy level within the Secondary Phase.
• Can maintain strategic direction with an excellent skill set to drive the Trust forward.
• Has good people skills – prepared to offer support and challenge to all, but make tough decisions when necessary.
• Has a track record of improving the quality of teaching and learning to secure excellent outcomes for all pupils
• Can demonstrate effective financial management in an increasingly challenging financial landscape
- Excellent practitioners to lead our very talented and reflective teaching team
- Strategic thinkers with the ability to be creative, rigorous and practical.
- Passionate about releasing the potential of all children within a multi-cultured inclusive school
- Able to demonstrate a flair for working collaboratively to develop and maintain our very positive relations with pupils, staff, parents/carers, governors, our neighbouring schools and the wider community
At EBN Academy we have taken every opportunity to create excellent facilities to meet the needs of our school. We are also in a strong financial position ready to make the most of the future. Interested candidates are very welcome to visit EBN Academy to visit the committed staff and delightful pupils.
There is the potential to expand the Trust and we want the new Executive Head to lead this development in partnership with the Trustees, staff, parents, children and the local communities. As our next Executive Head Teacher you will need to demonstrate the vision to motivate, inspire and take us on to our next stage of the journey.
We are interested to receive applications from experienced Head Teachers or Deputy Head Teachers who can demonstrate a record of outstanding leadership in their current school. Your application must include a supporting statement that details why you are a suitable candidate to take the school forward. This should be incorporated into the additional space section of the application form.
We will offer the successful candidate a competitive salary and private health care
An application pack can be downloaded from TES website or our website
For further information please contact Laura Donohoe – HR Manager on firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date Wednesday 26th September 2018 @ 12.00pm
Shortlisting W/c 1st October 2018
Interviews W/C 8th October 2018
We welcome applications regardless of age, gender, ethnicity or religion. Only applications submitted on the academy’s application form will be accepted. EBN Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment . An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful applicants.